Friday, February 15, 2013

My first RTI (Right to Information) application.


Since the time RTI act had been introduced, I always had a plan to try out the RTI act. However like those 10 good things which we always plan to do (like doing some good work, doing social service, learning Samskrit etc etc), filing of RTI was getting delayed and delayed.

Then a blog post by one of my favorite blogger - "Shantanu" jolted me and inspired me to file RTI via RTINation.com (http://satyameva-jayate.org/)
 
So finally in September 2012, I  filed two RTI application - 

1) First RTI to get information from Mumbai government regarding validity of the event where - "Shivkar Talpade" flew the first airplane (yes the first) in 1895 in Mumbai chowpatty even before the Wright brothers.  TOI article here - http://m.timesofindia.com/articleshow/msid-890055,curpg-1.cms

2) Second RTI is about an Indus civilization archaeological site in Haryana. As per one report this site is now in ruins and government is not taking proper care of it. I have filed an RTI asking the information regarding the total money allocated and how it has been spent for the past 15 years.

I got the updates for my second RTI about Rakhigiri in less than two months. Attached is the information which I received from ASI. Need to follow up on the first RTI about Shivkar Talpade. Will post updates over here.

I would suggest folks reading this blog post to file RTI applications. Its very simple. You can file it sitting anywhere in the world (as long as you hold Indian passport) by visiting http://www.rtination.com/.  

Bharat Mata ki Jay !







Expenditure details received from ASI

No comments:

Post a Comment